Vlogging or video blogging is an “in your face” viral marketing strategy that works every time. Video blogging definitely has its advantages and web users usually respond positively to sight and sound, as opposed to just text. Video blogging brands your company and puts your name out there quickly. Use the following vlogging tips to outsmart your competition.
- Step WAY ahead of the competition – Not all bloggers understand how vlogging works. Sites such as YouTube have turned videos into a viral marketing phenomenon, but the competition may not quite be there yet. Jump onboard now by adding videos to sites such as YouTube.
- Grabs attention FAST – People have short attention spans and don’t like reading text. Videos engage audience members quickly. Intrigue them with eye-catching videos and they’ll come back for more information and videos
- Use videos as an educational tool – Produce video tutorials that explain complicated technical jargon in “easy-to-follow” visual steps. Tutorials are very popular tools – add to blogs and see the results (and hits!)
- Create your own videos – What better way to promote your business or product by showcasing yourself? A friendly face adds credibility to websites and is another powerful way to brand companies/products. If potential customers can’t trust you, who can they trust? Videos make people feel comfortable. Become a trusted expert in your industry – “wow” them with your expertise and knowledge
- It’s SIMPLE – You don’t need to be an expert videographer or web developer. You just need a digital camera with video features and plugins (such as Flash Video Player or Windows Media Embedding). Figure out what software works best for your blog. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to look and sound like an expert vlogger).
- Spread the word – Use social networking and bookmarking sites like Twitter, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Digg and other social media sites to promote and market your vlogs.
If this type of marketing interest you and you feel you need a professional touch, Appleton Creative can help. Our creative teams design in a variety of media including video, film and web. Give us a call and we will show you your options. 407.246.0092 ext.1Tags: appleton creative, marketing, video blogging, vlogger