The Metropolitan Business Association (MBA) of Orlando hosts an annual Pride festival that focuses on building unity and cohesiveness within the local Orlando community. Come Out With Pride, Inc. was formed for these very reasons and has put on this major event the first weekend of October since 2005. The mission of this colorful event is to encourage fellowship and support among the LGBTQ+ community and allow for LGBTQ+ citizens to live openly and with pride.
Come Out With Pride Fun Facts:
- October was chosen because it aligns with National Coming Out Day (October 11th).
- It also aligns with National Gay and Lesbian History Month (October).
- The first event under the MBA drew a crowd of 5,000 people. Now attendance is upward of 150,000
- Come Out With Pride is the largest Pride festival in all of Florida.
- Appleton client Michael Thomas is “Orlando’s Founder of Pride” since he revived Orlando Pride about a decade ago.
The October 10th Event Offers:
- Zebra Run 5K at Lake Eola 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Big Gay Brunch at The Abbey from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Pride Parade at Lake Eola from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- 100+ vendors at Pride Marketplace from noon to 8 p.m.
- Five course dinner and fireworks at Lake Eola from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Club H20 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Official after-party at Parliament House at 10 p.m.
Appleton is especially excited about the Zebra Run 5K, in addition to all these fantastic festivities. Our client, Zebra Coalition, is hosting its second annual 5K, in partnership with Come Out With Pride, for this spirited race. During the course, contestants will be running through eccentric entertainment as they head toward the wild finish line party. Participation supports Zebra Coalition’s mission to provide a safe and supportive community for LGBT+ youth.
John Michael Exquisite Weddings and Catering is another client Appleton is eager to brag about in the height of all things pride. Michael Thomas is the father of Orlando Pride, and is trained and certified in LGBT+ weddings and events through the Gay Wedding Institute Certification Course. He is able to serve the LGBT wedding market with a unique perspective that recognizes the nuances of planning the perfect wedding that fits the situation and needs of every couple. John Michael Exquisite Weddings and Catering is an LBGT-friendly business, and Michael Thomas is an active MBA board member six years running.
Appleton Creative works closely with both Zebra Coalition and John Michael. We recently produced two PSAs for Zebra Coalition: Zebra Wild Nights and Zebra Run 5K. As John Michael Exquisite Weddings and Catering’s agency of record, Appleton performs advertising, PR and marketing.
Show some pride at this amazing event and then check out how we can help you out. Appleton Creative is an award-winning, full-service advertising agency located in Orlando, Florida. Appleton works with local, national and international clients to provide marketing strategies through web, social media, video production and print– all in-house. At Appleton, we want to learn about your business, empower your marketing team and be your creative resource. Your marketing goals are worth a conversation: contact us at 407-246-0092 or firstname.lastname@example.org.