Appleton Creative designed the Appleton Awareness Gallery to raise awareness and support for local causes through art. For the upcoming exhibit, Appleton is enlisting the creative expertise of local traditional medium artists to highlight the youth supported by the Zebra Coalition. The Zebra Coalition is a network of organizations that provide services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and all youth (LGBT+) ages 13 to 24.
As a community-driven organization, we’re opening our exhibit to local artists to help raise awareness for the Zebra Coalition’s cause and for the artistic community as a whole. The work chosen for the gallery should be relevant to the organization’s mission and make a powerful statement to the public about the Zebra Coalition. Art must meet the following requirements to be considered for entrance.
Please submit a digital image of your art to email@example.com no later than Monday, January 4, 2016. New works are preferred, and all artwork should relate specifically to the cause. In your submission email, please provide the following:
– Contact information
– Medium used (photography, painting, mixed media, etc.)
– Size of finished piece of art (maximum size of 3 feet x 6 feet)
– Description of art should include your name and the name of the art piece. Also provide a written explanation about why this cause appeals to you, how it relates to the art or how you hope this piece of art impacts the youth at Zebra Coalition.
– Finished art pieces must be framed in a professional manner. If it is a painted piece on canvas, the sides must be painted or the piece must be framed.
– Price status of art. Let us know:
– If it is for display only and NOT for sale
– If you are donating this piece to sell and raise funds for the organization
– If you would like a percentage of the sale to go toward your cost. If you choose this option, please state what you think the sale price should be and what percentage you would like back.
Chosen art will be displayed in the Appleton Awareness Gallery for up to four months. During this time period, Appleton may host an open house or fundraiser. Chosen art will also be featured on the Appleton Awareness Gallery website. All art is subject to be used in marketing collateral for the gallery and Appleton Creative as a whole.
– Entries will be accepted until Monday, January 4, 2016
– Winning art and artists will be chosen by Wednesday, January 6, 2016
– All original art pieces chosen for the exhibit are to be delivered to the gallery by Wednesday, January 13, 2016
– Final date of the exhibition is to be determined
539 Delaney Avenue
Orlando, FL 32801
About the Appleton Awareness Gallery
Appleton Creative designed the Appleton Awareness Gallery within our offices as a way to bring awareness to local causes through art. Each exhibit showcases a body of work inspired by a specific cause in need. We believe that art should be enjoyed and appreciated, and hope that the meaning behind the art will create an increased awareness for our community’s needs. To learn more about the Appleton Awareness Gallery, visit http://appletonawarenessgallery.com/.
About Zebra Coalition
The Zebra Coalition® is a network of organizations that provide services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and all youth (LGBT+) ages 13 to 24. The Coalition assists young people facing homelessness, bullying, physical, sexual and drug abuse, and isolation from their families with individualized programs that guide them to recovery and stability. To learn more about the Zebra Coalition, go to http://zebrayouth.org/.